The 8th binational LEMN meeting was held at the University of Windsor, on February 21-23, 2017. This year's meeting focused on assessing and understanding the key role of the nearshore as an integrator of land and lake-based processes.
Participants reported on a number of topics during the course of the meeting, including:
- results of the binational 2014 Lake Erie Intensive Year
- up-to-date assessments of the basins' trophic status (including nutrients and fisheries)
- new initiatives in ecological forecasting and integrated habitat assessment
- restoration strategies
- new pressures on the ecosystem.
PDF versions of these presentations will be available for download on this website shortly.
You can download the meeting announcement and full program from the 2017 LEMN meeting HERE (Updated Feb 20th, 2017).
For more information, contact Silviya Ivanova:
Silviya Ivanova, MSc
- Department on Biological Sciences
- University of Windsor
- Windsor, Ontario, Canada, N9B3P4
- Tel: +1 (519) 253-3000 ext.4758
- Fax: 519-971-3609